According to the National Coffee Association (NCA), the percentage of Americans drinking coffee every day has risen from 57% to 62% over the past year.
The key factors that may boost the coffee consumption in the USA are:
- The rise in interest with gourmet coffee varieties
- The increase in past-day coffee drinking among younger consumers.
- The media attention about the positive impact of coffee consumption on health published in the journal Annals of Internal Medicine in a recent past (drinking more coffee could significantly improve a person’s life expectancy).
But which is the main trendy coffee that is forecasted to set to take the coffee world by storm?
- Butter Coffee: A cup of coffee with a bit of butter and other medium-chain triglycerides like coconut oil is supposed to give consumers an energy boost with no caffeine crash, mental alertness that lasts for hours, and appetite suppression.
- Cold Brew: The cold-brew approach allows additional ingredients like spices to form the base of the coffee, which can produce a broad range of different and interesting flavours that is supposed to be more pronounced and delicate than other sweetened syrup into the finished product.
- Cascara: Aka the red, slightly sweet coffee cherries are cascaras, and they supposedly contain more iron per gram than spinach, more fiber per gram than whole-grain flour, more antioxidants per gram than a pomegranate, and more protein per gram than kale.
Are you approaching the Usa market or you need to extend your business? Buy the most detailed report on the out-of-home coffee market with an additional split HORECA vs OFFICE:
Creative and business-oriented, with about 20 years of experience in marketing, research, and customer experience, he merges analytic thinking with a strategic view, into a continuous research of cutting-edge ideas to help business growth. Co-founder of CoffeeBI, since 2015 he has leading its marketing strategy, by finding new ways to use marketing with technology in every phase of CoffeeBI life cycle.